Scenario 1: Start Bomgar Session from ServiceNow
In this scenario a service desk representative is taking a call with an end user and submitting an incident on their behalf. At some point the service desk rep decides to start a remote support session using Bomgar from the submitted ServiceNow incident record.
In the picture above, the Bomgar Information popup window is displayed on the screen after the Bomgar Session Key button has been clicked. There are three options on popup window that can be used to pass the information to the end user to begin the Bomgar session.
- Session Key: The end user can take the session key read to them by the service desk representative and either go to the Bomgar appliance website or the Bomgar module and place it in the session key field.
- URL: If the end user and service desk representative are already chatting in ServiceNow for example, the service desk rep can send them URL provided and the end user can use that to start the session.
- Email Button: If the service desk rep decides they want to email the information to the end user, they can click the button titled “Click to email link to caller” and that will send the user in the Caller field the instructions on how to start the session.
Once the end user starts the Bomgar session, it will show up in the service desk representative’s personal queue on their Bomgar Appliance. It also passes over some information including the short description and sys_id of the incident record.
Scenario 2: Self-Service Bomgar Click to Chat
In this scenario, an end user submits an incident on ServiceNow using either a CMS portal or the out of box service catalog via a record producer. Once the user submits the incident they have a Get Support Now button available.
After the end user clicks the “Get Support Now” button, the end user is prompted with a message notifying them what user helped them last, and the option to choose a specific representative to help them or just to wait for the next available rep.
Once the user chooses one of the options, the chat session is started inside the ServiceNow frame.
At this point, the user is waiting for an available service desk representative to accept the chat session. In the rep’s Bomgar appliance, this user has been put in the General queue allowing any rep to claim this session. Once again the short description, caller’s name, and sys_id from the incident have been passed into Bomgar.
During the Bomgar Session
· Screen Sharing
· Secure File Transfer
· Command Prompt Connection
· Pull back Advanced System Information
· Log work notes
· Chat with other service desk representatives and end user
Following the SessionAfter the session has been completed, the end user is prompted with a Customer Exit Survey.
Once the survey has been completed and the service desk representative has ended the session, the survey results and session information including duration, basic system information, chat dialogue, and any work notes captured during the session are inserted in ServiceNow and tied via related lists with the incident that generated the Bomgar session.
Leveraging ServiceNow’s reporting engine, it is easy to setup reports to show things like the breakdown of sessions by incident category, sessions by service desk representative, customer exit survey responses and more.
Bomgar Jump Technology
Installing Bomgar's Jump Client gives you unattended access to any system Bomgar supports anywhere in the world. You can deploy the Jump Client during a Bomgar session, or you can email the client download to multiple computers at once. Once the Jump Client is installed, the technician can Jump to that remote system and provide unattended support anytime.
Also, by installing Jumpoints within each of your network locations, you can access unattended Windows desktops or servers on these networks, without installing software on each end system. The Jumpoint acts as a secure conduit to the remote network enabling you to gain remote access easily to unattended systems.
There are two ways in ServiceNow to utilize this functionality:
- From an incident record, you can click on the Bomgar macro next to the Configuration item field and start a session
- There is also a button on each configuration item record
Custom Properties Page
This integration is managed from a properties page and makes it easy to setup after the update set is installed.